Exchange & Margin trading
Margin trading is trading without actual delivery of an asset, using leverage, as opposed to deliverable (exchange) trading. With Ternion, you can combine these 2 types of trading on one account and on one platform.
Exchange and margin trading are conducted in a united pool of liquidity, using the same commissions.
The differences between these types of trading are reflected in the table below.
- Actual delivery of an asset
- Leverage is not used, full self-financing of exchange is required
- Client can trade only the assets he has on his balance
- Client can trade the volumes he has on his balance
- Verification is required for crypto-fiat pairs
- Stop orders are not available, only Market and Limit
- Profit / loss is calculated in different assets
- StopOuts are not eligible
- Swaps are not eligible
- The position on the cryptocurrency pair is opened and the profit / loss is fixed at the moment of closing the position
- Leverage is used, for instance, margin for Bitcoin is $100, which means that only $100 is required to open 1 Bitcoin position
- Client can trade any assets permitted for trading
- Client can trade volumes exceeding own funds
- Verification is required only for deposit/withdrawal by fiat
- Full list of orders is available, including Stop orders, Take Profit / Stop Loss
- Profit / loss is calculated in account currency
- StopOuts are eligible
- Swaps are eligible